Whether you’ve never raised a major gift before or just want to raise more major gifts this year, you’ve come to the right place! You’ll only need to commit a few hours per week. Stick with it for a year, and I promise you’ll be raising major gifts in no time!
Succeed in 2 Easy Steps:
- Commit at least 2 hours per week (5 hours is optimal) to taking the recommended action. This step is critical — if you don’t take action, you won’t see results.
- Share your progress in the comments of each post and I’ll offer you free advice to keep your efforts on track.
After seeing you present at the AFP Conference in San Diego, we followed your Major Gifts Challenge and used your book 50 ASKS in 50 Weeks to go from $850,000 to $1.3 million for the Abbotsford Food Bank this past fiscal year. Just wanted to say thanks!— Dave Murray, Director – Abbotsford Food Bank
The best part of all, taking the Major Gifts Challenge is entirely FREE!
And it’s never too late to start.
Simply Read Each Post in Order:
- Be Rich and Famous: Take the Major Gifts Challenge
- How Big is a Major Gift?
- How to Thank Your Donors: Stop Focusing on the Money!
- Who Are Your Donors? Discover Your Major Gift Prospects
- The 4 Pillars of Major Gift Relationships
- Board Retreats: An Excellent Tool for Getting Major Gifts
- Getting a Major Gift: Moving From Cultivation to the Ask
- The Pre-Ask Meeting: Who, What, When, Where and Why?
- The Un-Blog Post: Countdown to The Ask
- Big Gift? Bigger Gift? Asking for the Right Amount
- Overcome Your Asking Anxiety by Using Your Asking Style
- Why “Maybe” is the Best Answer When Asking for a Major Gift
- How to Ask for a Major Gift: Who, Where, and What
- After the Ask: The Follow Up-Plan
- Have You Eaten Your Frog Today? Two Tools to Keep Up with Raising Major Gifts
- Include Major Gifts in Your Year-End Fundraising in 5 Easy Steps
- Leveraging Your Board Members for Major Gift Fundraising
- How to Set Your Major Gift Fundraising Goal for Each Year
- How to Measure Your Success with Major Gifts Fundraising
- Finding the Time to Ensure Your Success Raising Major Gifts
- Getting Real with Major Gifts: Interview with Keith Rhodes of BBBS
- Getting Real with Major Gifts: Interview with Jamie Roseman of Planned Parenthood
- 5 Practical Steps to Raising Major Gifts in Time for Year-End
- Getting Real with Major Gifts: Interview with Tycely Williams
- Reflecting on Life, Major Gifts and Nonprofit Boards
- What’s Stopping You from Raising Major Gifts? Part 1: Self-Doubt
- What’s Stopping You from Raising Major Gifts? Part 2: Bad Prospects
- What’s Stopping You from Raising Major Gifts? Part 3: A Lousy Team
- What’s Stopping You from Raising Major Gifts? Part 4: No Time
- What’s Stopping You from Raising Major Gifts? Part 5: Lack of Training
- 6 Real-World Questions and Answers about Raising Major Gifts
- How Much Should a Major Gift Officer Be Expected to Raise?
- Overwhelmed? Here Are 2 Tips to Master Major Gifts
- 4 Anti-Procrastination Tactics to Get Back to Raising Major Gifts