In January of 2013, I issued a challenge on my blog — one that went viral — Major Gifts Challenge. Now the Challenge is back! The new Challenge incorporates the latest data and research, and lessons learned over the past few years. So… are you in?
Whether you’ve never raised a major gift before or just want to raise more gifts this year, you’ve come to the right place! Like the original Challenge, you’ll only need to commit a few hours each week. Stick with it for a year, and I promise you’ll be raising major gifts in no time!
Succeed in 3 Easy Steps
- Watch each video in the series. Start with the first one and go in numerical order. New videos will appear each week throughout 2017.
- Commit at least a few hours each week (5 hours is ideal) to taking the recommended action. This step is critical — if you don’t take action, you won’t see results.
- Share your progress in the comments. Add a comment at the end of each post and I’ll offer free advice to keep your efforts on track.
After seeing you present at the AFP Conference in San Diego, we followed your Major Gifts Challenge and used your book 50 ASKS in 50 Weeks to go from $850,000 to $1.3 million for the Abbotsford Food Bank this past fiscal year. Just wanted to say thanks!— Dave Murray, Director – Abbotsford Food Bank
The best part of all, taking the Major Gifts Challenge is entirely FREE!
Major Gifts Challenge — Videos
Watch each video below in numerical order. New videos will appear each week throughout 2017!
- Fame and Fortune Await! Take the NEW Major Gifts Challenge
- How to Calculate the Amount of a Major Gift and 3 Reasons Why Size Matters
- Creating a Donor Pipeline: Building a List of Major Gift Prospects
- Creating a Donor Pipeline: Zero in on Your BEST Major Gift Prospects
- Friendraising: How to Raise Major Gifts When You Have No Donors
- How to Create a Major Gift Stewardship Plan: Forget About the Money!
- Precisely How to Determine and Calculate Your Major Gift Goal
- 4 Metrics to Measure the Success of Your Major Gift Program
- Recruit Board Members Who Are Hungry to Raise Major Gifts
- Give Your Board Members a Proper Orientation and Watch Them Soar
- A Simple Month-by-Month Cultivation Plan for Major Gift Donors
- Foolproof Ways to Get a First Meeting with a Major Donor
- Precisely How to Conduct Your First Meeting with a Major Donor
- 3 Brilliant Ways to Cultivate Long Distance Donors for Major Gifts
- Your Secret Weapon to Raising the Biggest Gifts: An Engaged Board
- How to Prime Your Donors BEFORE You Ask for a Major Gift
- An Airtight, Bullet-Proof Way to Overcome Your Fear of Asking
- How to Determine an Exact Ask Amount for Each of Your Major Gift Donors
- Practice and Prepare: A Strategic Pair for Your Ask Meeting Agenda
- After Asking for a Major Gift: How to Respond to Yes, No, and Maybe
- Planned Giving and Major Gifts: A Winning Combination
- Your Future Major Gifts Depend on Top-Notch Stewardship
- Future-proof Your Nonprofit with a Culture of Philanthropy: 3 Things You MUST Do
- Donor Retention vs. New Donors: Donor Retention ALWAYS Wins
- Yes, You Do Have Time to Raise Major Gifts – Here’s How to Find It
- A Beginner’s Guide to Board Retreats, a Staple of Successful Major Gift Programs